Balinese massage – traditionally performed on the island of Bali (Island of the Gods), has a characteristic effect of relaxation and calm, which is achieved by touching the inner parts of the palms, soft part of the hands before the elbow and techniques of acupuncture.
Initially, the Balinese massage was only for Balinese and Javanese royalty. Over time, recipes and techniques are available to all, but not lost its power to restore health.
Modern Balinese massage is based on several massage technique and therapeutic style of the East. Balinese massage uses a combination of Swedish massage, Hawaiian (lomi-lomi), acupressure and Indian ayurvedic aromatherapy. By bringing the best parts of the other methods, it has become a pearl massage. Great importance is given to the flow of energy in the human body, the philosophy of “yin-yang”, the spiritual aspect of massage, compassion and understanding. The secret of this massage lies in this. Massage always starts with the limbs, then gradually comes the body, and after returns to the back. Elements of massage may be different, depending on the individual characteristics of the body and the general human condition. Gentle movements are moving into deeper, allowing muscles to relax, relieve tension and stress.
Massage helps to restore blood flow, has a therapeutic effect due to the inflow of blood to the internal organs and oxygen saturation and impact on the important energy points.
FOUR GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF BALINESE MASSAGE:
- Massage has always starts with the extremities (peripheral), goes to the body, and then returns (this is due to the laws of energy movement and the principles of activation of blood vessels);
- The general direction of movement – from the feet to the head;
- First there are the soft techniques along the energy meridians, and only after then a powerful and deep way of massage;
- Work is done on the whole body, duplicating the movements on the symmetrical side.
- Lower back, back and neck pain.
- Bruises, sprains of muscles, tendons and ligaments.
- Fractures at all stages of healing.
- Functional disorders after fracture and dislocation (joint stiffness, muscle changes, scar tissue adhesions).
- Arthritis in the subacute and chronic stages.
- Neuralgia and neuritis.
- Chronic insufficiency of the heart muscle.
- Rehabilitation after myocardial infarction.
- Chronic gastritis.
- Violation of motor function of the colon.
- Peptic ulcer and duodenal ulcer (without exacerbation)
However, no matter how great the benefits of Balinese massage, there are several contraindications and limitations on it.
- In case of acute fevers and high temperatures.
- Bleeding and the tendency for them.
- Diseases of the blood.
- Suppurative processes of any location.
- Various diseases of the skin, nails and hair.
- In any acute inflammation of the blood and lymph vessels, thrombosis, pronounced varicose veins.
- Atherosclerosis of peripheral vascular and cerebrovascular disease.
- Aortic aneurysm and heart.
- Allergic diseases with cutaneous eruptions.
- Abdominal disease with a tendency to bleeding.
- Chronic osteomyelitis.
- Mental illness to excessive excitement.
- Circulatory failure third degree.
- Acute myocardial ischemia.
- Pronounced sclerosis of cerebral vessels.
- Acute respiratory infections (ARI).
- In disorders of intestinal functions (such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea).
- Pulmonary heart disease third degree.
If you have some form of these diseases, before visiting a massage, we recommend you to consult with your doctor.