It is generally accepted that Ayurvedic procedures are primarily medicinal oil or medicinal decoctions, but there are exceptions. Udvartanam is one of the few Ayurvedic treatments that is performed using herbal powders.
Udvartanam is a therapeutic deep tissue massage using herbal powders, which is ascending, from the extremities to the center, stroking, where the powder is forcibly rubbed all over the body. The powder is a crushed medicinal herb with other additives such as chickpeas, soy flour, turmeric, clay and sandalwood powder. In fact, this procedure is a massage with a scrub, which has a strong therapeutic effect.
ORDER OF PROCEDURE:
The herbal powder is heated to a comfortable temperature. The massage is done in the opposite direction to the hair follicles by two therapists. The procedure is performed in seven positions. Upon completion, the patient is advised to rest for 20 minutes and then take a warm shower.
In our salon, we offer a 20-minute relaxation to combine with one of three useful and pleasant treatments at the client’s choice: head massage, foot massage or Bashpa Sweda (Indian steam sauna). The cost of recommended additional procedures can be found in our menu on the website.
POSITIVE EFFECT FROM THE PROCEDURE OF UDWARTAN:
- Controls Kapha dosha (control over the balance of fats in the body);
- Removes excess fat accumulated in the subcutaneous tissues, corrects the figure, fights cellulite;
- Exfoliates dead skin cells, thereby giving shine;
- Removes toxins, cleanses and improves skin tone;
- Improves blood circulation, metabolism, oxygen supply to tissues;
- Improves joint mobility;
- Strengthens and tones muscles, and is also an excellent tool for the treatment and prevention of muscular dystrophy;
- Strengthens and rejuvenates the body;
- The presence of allergies to the components of the powder mixture;
- Unhealed fractures;
- During chemotherapy;
- Tumors and inflammations of the skin;
- Fungal diseases.