Thai foot massage is the perfect tool for the recovery of the feet, relieving stress and treating insomnia and hypertension, it is also capable to create powerful and long-term relax, excellent for blood pressure problems, relieves tension, spasms and swelling of the legs.
Thai massage is originally come from the Chinese acupuncture therapy and it stimulates the acupressure points of the foot. The importance and effectiveness of the massage is tested as it is a very old method, which has been being used for over 3,000 years. Foot massage is a part of the reflex therapy. The relationship between the reflexogenic zones on the feet and the organs of the body was known in ancient Egypt and it was widely used by doctors as well. Sole was considered as one of the key stops, “the gates of the mysteries of the body” by the healers of the ancient Egypt. Tomb Anhmahora, court physician of Saqqara (2300g. BC. E.) The waIls of the Egyptian graves were decorated with images of healing arts, including reflexology foot and hands.
Classic Thai foot massage includes massage of legs, thighs, arms, shoulders and head massage. After the massage powerful feeling of relaxation and lightness comes throughout the whole body!
Foot massage is performed by using a special wooden sticks (Muai-Kot-Jud), natural aromatic oils, lotions and balms to relaxing or invigorating effects. If you would like the therapist not to use sticks during the massage, you can warn us when booking or immediately before the massage.
Perhaps there is no other nation in the world, which would pay the same attention and respect to the feet as the Thais. One of the key practices that you must take off your shoes both at home and away, and when you are entering to a Buddhist temple, neither make their feet towards the other person nor to the Buddha. The basic of the foot care therapy are the special herbs, oils which are existing and which were existed at ancient times as well. Therefore, natural Thai products for foot care are necessary elements of thai massage. In our salon foot massage can be combined with foot bath which is offered with original Thai spa products.
THE MAIN EFFECTS OF THAI FOOT MASSAGE:
Firstly I would mention the removal of fatigue and swelling feet, a beneficial effect on blood vessels. Secondly the deep relaxation and recreation for the entire body can be considered as the most important effects. Thai massage is one of the best massages for stress relief and relaxation; it relieves fatigue and leg swelling. In addition, regularly massages (10-12 sessions) helps to normalize blood pressure and to get rid of headaches and insomnia.
The Thai foot treatment method promotes healing and stimulates the whole body (7000 of the body’s nerve endings are located in the sole). Foot massage is an essential complement to conventional medical treatment and it can also be used in complex treatment of patients.
- The digestive system disorders
- Respiratory diseases
- Circulatory problems
- Local diseases, foot, leg, ankle, hip and knee
- Fluid retention
- Anxiety and heart palpitations
- Headache, neurology
- Restoration of male and female reproductive system, etc.
There are no specific contraindications, but in case of thrombosis, varicose veins and during pregnancy, soft treatment is recommended. Exceptions are the infectious skin diseases like fungal lesions, osteoporosis, and severe heart disease (in this case hot bath is not recommended).
EFFECT OF FOOT MASSAGE:
- By stimulation of reflex zones it promotes the body’s natural recovery process.
- Massage stimulates the proper functioning of the internal organs, glands, and the locomotor system.
- Improves circulation, stimulates the proper functioning of the lymphatic system and helps to clean the body of toxins.
- It has beneficial effects on the nervous system: relaxes the body as a meditation or deep sleep.
- A visible effect: significantly reduces the foot, ankle, knee, calf swelling even offers an unusual feeling of lightness in the feet.
- Strengthens the immune system.
BENEFITS OF FOOT MASSAGE:
- Sole is the part of the human body which can get easily available, consequently it has significant effect on healing by using natural methods without side effects.
- Foot massage for a reliable way of prevention: as it is promoting the operation of body’s own healing processes.
- Foot massage can be a unique method of diagnosis, because it determines the functional state of deterioration of the body (the body’s sensitive pressure points indicate a disease).
- Foot massage is considered as a very sensitive physical contact without crossing cultural boundaries different nations.
- Foot massage is an “universal medicine” which can prevent many diseases and it can also relieve them.
The following pictures present the basic position of the foot reflex zones.