Kati Vasti is a traditional Indian Ayurvedic treatment for the lower back or lumbo-sacral. From Sanskrit “Kati Vasti” is translated as “loin” and “capacity or preservation of something inside.” This procedure can be used both for local treatment of back pain and lumbo-sacral pain, and for healing the body as a whole.
- Improves blood circulation around the lumbo-sacral region.
- Nourishes and strengthens bones, connective tissues, ligaments, nerves, muscles of the lumbo-sacral region.
- Restores lubrication of the lumbar joints.
- Has a positive effect on lumbar spondylosis, acute and chronic pain, osteoporosis, sciatica and lumbago.
- Soothes Vata Dosha.
- Helps with problems with potency, pelvic organs, constipation and bowel disorders in general.
- Relieves anxiety, fears, headaches, nervous excitement.
ORDER OF PROCEDURE:
Kati Vasti is performed using a special bath made of dough and is located on the lumbosacral zone. The dough is made from chickpea flour or whole wheat flour and water. Warm medicinal oil or herbal decoctions are poured into this bath, which are selected depending on the body constitution and the state of the patient’s doshas. When the mixture cools, it is removed and replaced with a warmer one. After the end of the procedure, the dough is removed and a light massage is done on the treated area. Sometimes, after the Kati Vasti procedure, a full back or whole body massage is recommended.
After completing the procedure, you need to rest a little.
Treatment duration: 45 minutes